On 11/22/2013 07:50 PM, Quim Gil wrote:
> We might start with one project with 4 students to try this program out.
> If you are interested, please reply and create / update your entry at
> the Possible Projects page.

Interestingly enough, I /do/ have a project I'd be happy to put forward
that's quite in scope if we'd like to touch on something more
system-level than our usual UX fare:  there is a serious hole in
reasonably self-contained distributed cron-like schedulers in the open
source world, and I can see a number of valuable uses for one in Tool
Labs (and probably some spots in prod!).

I've had that idea at the back of my mind for some time, and I was
planning on starting it myself but for the lack of actual free time.
This is a very well delineated project of sufficiently modest scope that
a small team of students may well be able to tackle succesfully in that
kind of timeframe, and it's sufficiently generally useful that it makes
for a worthwhile open source project.

Thoughts?  Is it worth suggesting and putting forward?

-- Marc