https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Covington%2C_Indiana
> >> _map_from_1876_atlas.jpg
> >>
> >> [3] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Module:HTMLParser

> > You can link to special:filepath/filename to get path, but full
dimensions
> > are unavailablr.
> >

> Wouldn't it be a solution to add the full dimensions (+ MIME type etc)
> to the API (&prop=imageinfo&iiprop=extmetadata), would it?
>
> Raimond.

I believe Jarek is looking to get the info from wikitext, so that wouldnt
help him. Additionally if you have access to the api, you can use
iiprop=dimensions already.

This is a somewhat commonly requested thing (e.g. some folks on wikipedia
want to make a gallery lua module that takes aspect ratio into account), so
adding an interface to  lua to retrieve this info would make sense imo.

-bawolff