> I assume your good faith, and I foresee its consequences. You couldn't
> employ your NVC skills because you were, quote, in a hurry, end quote. That
> means, NVC just doesn't work when it's needed. I don't think everyone here
> has a lot of spare time to mix original thoughts with a dump of meaningless
> requests and pardons. You want to share how you feel? I don't think it's
> the right place to do this. Don't ask to ask, just ask, and so on.

I think this and other responses to non-violent communication make a lot of
sense.  They're in line with the old quote "First they ignore you, then
they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."  But this process
takes years and we seem to be at the laugh and fight stage.

I think violence is a particularly efficient way of getting what you want.
 "Assume good faith" is just a way to apologize in advance for employing
violence.  And honestly, I come from a culture where violence is a totally
acceptable form of communication, and I'm a violent communicator.  I creep
myself out when I try to not be violent, but I recognize that much harmony
would result from adopting the principles of NVC.  Anyway I don't have any
opinion on either side of this discussion, just wanted to point out that
the responses are to be expected.  And to say to Derric thank you, your
post was not in vain and it did not turn me off to the subject.  On the
contrary, it made me admire that more people are willing to try it.