This doesn't have to be just the language that the person conducting the
test knows. It goes even further. I remember at least one case where the
user could understand English, but couldn't speak it, so he listened to
Pau, but replied mostly in Russian, and later I translated the recording.

On a more general and practical note, the test conductor and the user need
to converse in a language that they know, but the user interface of the
feature being tested can be in another language, which the test conductor
doesn't know. It's supposed to be very easy for the test conductor to
identify the user interface elements even if they are not labeled in his
language.

Needless to say, *any* UI feature should be tested not only in English, and
it's perfectly feasible.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬