I feel like I should probably post here about the current Wikibase /
Wikidata deployment pipeline too which probably differs slightly to other
products.

On a per commit basis:
A commit is made, the unit tests run on jenkins, the commit is reviewed,
amended, merged, Jenkins again runs the unit tests as gate submit, Travis
also runs the unit tests post merge testing against php 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 and
both sqlite and mysql.

Daily at 10AM UTC:
Our build process is triggered and creates a build for Wikidata, Both the
WMF jenkins and our WMDE jenkins run the unit tests, if both pass we +2CR
and it is merged, this is then deployed straight to beta where our Jenkins
runs all of our Selenium tests, the tests report to the build gerrit commit
depending on their outcome.

Branch Day (even 2 weeks):
Tuesday is generally branch day, we branch the Wikidata repo all the unit
tests and selenium tests are re run, we deploy to test.wikidata, manually
test and on thursday and wikidata.org the following tuesday.

We have very good test coverage which generally makes everything much
easier! I probably missed something of interest above but generally
everything is covered.

Addshore