Hi Sahil,

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Sahil Dua <sahildua2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "HighNote" -> Highlight & Making Notes.

Can you elaborate on "making notes" part? Do you plan to export the content
highlighted somewhere?

Yes, as a regular wikipedian, I have been facing a problem. I used to read
> some article on a topic XYZ. I liked a few keywords or sentences in the
> article that I wuld like to keep easily accessible.
>
> Here is the solution ->
> With "HighNote" feature activated internally on wikipedia, a user will be
> able to select(by mouse) the text that he wants to highlight and remember
> for next time. That text will be saved in the database and everytime that
> user comes back to that page he will be able to see what he highlighted may
> be one/ten years ago. Also, he will be able to deselect specific text by
> selecting(by mouse) again.
>
> I have already been working on a prototype of the same by implementing a
> demo wikipedia page.
> I want to discuss the feasibility of this project as a GSoC'14 project.
> Please bring uo some of the challenges that I can face while implementing
> this so I can consider everything in my final proposal.
> Thanks.

The wiki-text changes continuously over a period of time, you might want to
consider that as well. What the user highlighted one year ago, it might
happen that he might not find some of those highlighted points today. In
that case, it would be better if you export the points highlighted
somewhere. But first things first, make sure it is not already implemented.

Cheers,
Pratik