>> use tabs for indentation instead of spaces to be like the rest of
>> mediawiki?
>>

> I was going to say the same thing. Why wasn't that caught in code review?

Spaces were chosen because that is what we get with FormatJson::encode
and there is no way to change it except by post-processing. I'm fine
with both tabs and spaces.

Unless you change FormatJson::encode (which is used by many other
things as well), you would need to apply this post-processing in
multiple places, making it harder to alter these files from PHP code
and you would take a small performance hit for the extra processing.

> Also, I see we've lost the helpful comments that used to be in some of
> these files to visually divide things into sections.

That is true. JSON does not allow comments.

On the other hand, we can now stop updating messages.inc.

  -Niklas