Just a question: Are the messages still able to be accessed like they were
before, or will new methods be introduced to gather them and decode the
JSON?

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Derk-Jan Hartman <
d.j.hartman+wmf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2 apr. 2014, at 20:22, Ryan Kaldari <rkald...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:45 AM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
> > <bjor...@wikimedia.org>wrote:

> >> I was going to say the same thing. Why wasn't that caught in code
> review?
> >>
> >> If these files continue to use spaces, I'd expect people will write
> patches
> >> to en.json and qqq.json using tabs and then l10n-bot will change them to
> >> spaces.
> >>

> > I would prefer that the JSON files use tabs instead of spaces even if it
> > requires some post-processing as our coding conventions specify tabs for
> > all code other than Python. I brought this up a couple weeks ago, but was
> > just told that I should teach my IDE to use spaces for JSON files. Rather
> > than having 100 developers waste time messing with their IDEs, many of
> > which I imagine don't have such a preference, it seems like it would be
> > more efficient to implement a post-processing script and keep the
> MediaWiki
> > codebase consistent regarding indentation.
>
> You mean like this ?
> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/121632/2/i18n/en.json
>
> DJ

----
Justin Folvarcik
*"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will
finally know peace."*-Jimi Hendrix