On Friday, April 4, 2014, Quim Gil <q...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The selection process continues. Mentors' discretion is increasing, and so
> does candidates' curiosity. Even if we have made most of our choices, we
> don't know how many slots we will get, and we are bound to a requirement of
> confidentiality before candidates are selected on April 21. More than two
> weeks to go. Take it easy.
>
> On Monday 7 we will request a number of slots to Google, and by Wednesday
> 9 we will know how many they have allocated to us.

We have received the 19 GSoC slots we had requested! This show the good
work that everybody is doing in this selection process. Thank you!

Mentors will have a silent period between now and April 21. Remember, we
are not allowed to disclose any information about candidates
selected/declined before Google and the GNOME Foundation publish their
official announcements.

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil