Micru's Associated namespaces RfC is up for discussion this week.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture_meetings/RFC_review_2014-04-23
(We also have room for 1 more RfC to discuss.)

Micru said about
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Associated_namespaces :

> The intended outcome would be:
> 1) find out if there is any objection against the "Namespace registry and
> association handlers" that Mark proposed
> 2) discuss possible problems with this approach
> 3) see if there would be any hands available to work on it; it is a
> delicate topic that might need someone with a deep understanding of MediaWiki

Micru also noted that we've had a previous suggestion for a namespace
manager https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Namespace_manager .

> AFIK, it never materialized because back then there was not such a great
> need as there is now - or at least the current use cases didn't exist back
> then.
> I hope this RFC moves forward because it affects important upcoming and
> already deployed projects (Commons migration, templates, Visual editor, WD,
> etc).

Come to #wikimedia-office at 2100 UTC this Wednesday
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=2950159,2147714,5391959,100&h=2950159&date=2014-4-23&sln=23-24
or reply/comment with your comments/suggestions.

2300 Berlin
5pm New York
2pm California
7am Sydney