After a long and intense selection process, Google and the GNOME Foundation
have announced a new wave of GSoC and FOSS OPW projects selected. We have
16 + 7 Wikimedia projects, a total of 23. Two more than last year, our
highest number ever!

Congratulations to all the teams of contributors and mentors. Also thank
you to the participants that have n't been selected. We encourage you to
keep contributing and apply again in the next call for proposals.

Google Summer of Code
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014

Aaron Xiao
UniversalLanguageSelector fonts for Chinese wikis

Aditya Chaturvedi
Catalog for mediawiki extensions

Amanpreet Singh
Annotation Tool that extracts information and feed them on Wikidata

Bartosz Dziewoński
Separating skins from core MediaWiki

Deepali Jain
Book management in Wikibooks/Wikisource

Hardik Juneja
Parsoid-based online-detection of broken wikitext

Jack Phoenix
A modern, scalable and attractive skin for MediaWiki

Jatin Mehta
Switching Semantic Forms Autocompletion to Select2

konarak
"LUv2: Generic, efficient localisation update service "

kunalgrover05
Critical bug fixes for Translate extension

Pratik Lahoti
Tools for mass migration of legacy translated wiki content

Rainer Rillke
Chemical Markup support for Commons or MediaWiki or both

Rohit Dua
(Automation Tool) Google Books > Internet Archive > Commons upload cycle

Tony Thomas
Adding proper email bounce handling to MediaWiki (with VERP)

Vikas S Yaligar
Automatic cross-language screenshots for user documentation

wctaiwan
MassMessage page input list improvements

FOSS Outreach Program for Women
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/FOSS_Outreach_Program_for_Women/Round_8
https://wiki.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen/2014/MayAugust

Ali King
Template matching for RDFIO

Anjali Sharma
WikiHunt the ‘Property’

Dinu Sandaru Kumarasiri
Welcoming new contributors to Wikimedia Labs and Wikimedia Tool Labs

Frances Hocutt
Evaluating and improving MediaWiki web API client libraries

Helen Halbert
Feed the gnomes - Wikidata outreach

Jaime Lyn Schatz
OpenHistoricalMaps and Wikimaps