I'm trying to write a script to remove duplicate links with the click of a
button in the toolbar, yet when I set the function as the callback for the
button, it runs the function on page load. This is what I've got:

function removeDuplicateLinks(){

    var box =$('[id^=wpTextbox]');
    var text = box.val();
    var start=text.split('');
    var i;
    for (i = 1;typeof(start[i]) !== 'undefined' ;i++){
console.log(start[i]);
        start[i] = start[i].split('')[0];
        text = text.replace('/\[\[' + start[i] + '\]\]/', start[i]);
    }
    box.val(text);
}
if (wgAction == 'edit'){
    mw.toolbar.addButton( {
                imageFile: '
http://localhost/wikidev/images/2/20/Button_cite_template.png',
                speedTip: 'Remove duplicate links',
                callback: removeDuplicateLinks(),
        } );
}

I've tried setting the callback to 'removeDuplicateLinks',
removeDuplicateLinks, and I've even tried turning it into an anonymous
function bound to a variable, which I then tried to pass as the callback.
Am I misusing syntax, here?

I'd appreciate any help.

--
----