On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 7:36 PM, Petr Bena <benap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I said this once in a gerrit comment and I will say it here as well:
> most of people have different opinion on what is "good" for them as RC
> stream. We should go for anything specific, but rather for a very
> abstract solution that could be multiplexed into multiple RC feed
> providers using a number of popular formats (including this IRC format
> just for backward compatibility). So in the end, users would be able
> to pick what format and protocol they want, just as they can do that
> with api.php
>
> Ideal RC stream would be so flexible that it could match any possible use
> case.

Standard solutions seem to be things like
rabbitMQ/zeroMQ/activeMQ/lolbiztalk

Websockets seems like something that should work, but is something of a
square peg/round hole thing. It needs a http connection to upgrade from
which is just unnatural for this problem, and is intended to be consumed by
client side javascript in browsers which communicate to a server.