On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Jon Robson <jdlrob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to run the phpunit tests from inside my host OS though...
> I have pre-commit hook I rely on to run phpunit tests before
> submitting... how can I do that now?

I use a horrible hack, essentially we run the tests from a pre-commit hook
with `make phpunit`, but we redefine make as:

make() {
    if is_vagrant; then
        vagrant ssh -- cd /vagrant/mediawiki/extensions/Flow '&&' sudo su
www-data -c "'make $*'" || exit 1
    else
        /usr/bin/env make $* || exit 1
    fi
}

where the is_vagrant function duplicates the vagrant functionality of
looking at all parent directories for a Vagrantfile