Lars Aronsson wrote:
>Why is it still, now in 2014, so hard to find images?
>We have categories and descriptions, but we also know
>they don't describe all that we want to find in an
>image. If I need an image with a bicycle and some red
>flowers, I can only go to the category:bicycles and
>hope that I'm lucky when browsing through the first
>700 images there. Most likely, the category will be
>subdivided by country or in some other useless way
>that will make my search harder.
>
>Where is science? Google was created in 1998, based
>on its Pagerank algorithm for web pages filled with
>words and links. That was 14 years ago. But what
>algorithms are there for finding images?

Hi.

Have you tried Special:Search? :-)

There's a very nice category of red flowers:
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Red_flowers>.

If you search for 'incategory:"Red flowers"', you can find pictures in
only that category. If you search for 'incategory:"Red flowers"
incategory:"Bicycles"', you can see the intersection of these two
categories. (No results currently, alas.) Try a search such as
'incategory:"Red flowers" incategory:"Cosmos atrosanguineus"' to see the
search actually work (it should return one result currently, 'File:Cosmos
atrosanguineus "Choco Mocha".jpg').

Hope that helps.

MZMcBride