Could not the categories' language links be useful here? Otherwise BabelNet[1] has set up different ways to connect concepts in different languages into a semantic network. They call it a multilingual encyclopedic dictionary and compile it by combining data from the Wikipedia(s) and WordNet. It's quite clever but still easy. This is still english-centric -- as in having english in the centre of a hub-and-spoke modelled dictionary -- but it does make it _translatable_, which I think is enough for this feature.

Kristian Kankainen

[1] http://babelnet.org/

18.06.2014 11:52, Gerard Meijssen kirjutas:
Hoi,
As long as our categories are English, they are useless for all of those
who do not speak English. Even so, as long as the current technology is
used for those categories it is a trial to find images at all. Many people
have given up.
Thanks,
     GerardM