Hi,

On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 12:01 +1000, svetlana wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2014, at 06:58, Quim Gil wrote:
> > > - encourage feedback by absolutely /anyone/ about the next features they'd
> > > like,
> > >

> > Betas and Bugzilla today. Phabricator should make it easier to provide
> > feedback in a wider range of topics, not only "bugs".
>
> 99% of users of Wikimedia projects don't /know/ about these tools.
> That's the problem, and your response is not reflecting it.

I've seen people on Village Pumps etc. complaining about certain
software changes introduced. After I provided links to five [sic!]
previous announcements, their reply was basically "I didn't see them!
Wrong place, you should have put them $here and $there instead".

What is your proposal to _successfully_ make more people aware of such
tools, if that's the problem?

There are also enough (note to myself: [citation needed]) Wikipedia
readers who don't know that you can edit an article yourself. Everybody
has the personal freedom to not be interested in $stuff. Personally I'm
fine with driving a car while having no clue why and how a car works.

Cheers,
andre

PS: Obviously this is all my personal opinion.
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/