> Now, having observed that not only user Eloquence (aka Erik Moeller)
> himself engaged in the enforcement of  <superprotect> right on de.wp
> [1] but soon after a workaround was published a change was deployed
> [2, 3] as counter measurement to block any possible interference can
> no longer be interpret as acting in good faith but rather strikes me
> as a form of oppression (or worst as censorship).

[Putting the purely mw dev hat on]

It was a bug in mediawiki, and thus it should be fixed. MediaWiki is used
by many different groups and in general we [mw devs] do not judge people
for how they use the software. If some non wmf entity reported the bug, it
would still be fixed.

So dont complain that mw fixes a bug in how page protection. If you are
unhappy with current events you should direct your anger at how the wmf
decided to use hard security to enforce its dictates, not at the software
for "working".

--bawolff