Ok, last attempt.

This needs merge: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/151370/

Somebody shat on it (-2), so it looks ugly, sorry for that.
Didn't come back to clean up their mess, either, instead told me to
advertise it here.

Sorry for putting it like this, in particular with the Sumana's thread
right next to it, but really, I am fed up. The way this went lets all
that clamoring for contributors sound rather hollow, to my ears at
least - they are quite obviously not welcome. I mean being ignored
because everybody is apparently super busy is one thing. But being
made to jump through hoop after hoop for weeks and then being ignored
does feel less like being ignored and more like being made fun of. It
will be a long time until I waste my time again on trying to get some
patch merged.

Stephan