>> * We have a test instance at https://phab-01.wmflabs.org/ where you can
>> play as much as you want.

This instance is the puppetized test instance running on the labs puppet master.

It is supposed to be as much like production as possible to allow actual testing
before making changes in prod.

Changes here should be made by uploading
puppet changes to the role::phabricator::labs.  I would not recommend playing
manually with it or soon it will have manual hacks that need to be
synced with prod again.

It's easy though to spin up phab-02 and how many we like (and there
already existed phabricator-test project)
where alpha testing can be done manually. you can simply fire up any
number of new instances
and apply the role, we added it to the wikitech "puppet groups" list
you get when configuring an instance.

--
Daniel Zahn <dz...@wikimedia.org>
Operations Engineer