On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 1:47 AM, Christopher Johnson
<christopher.john...@wikimedia.de> wrote:

> What would it take to get this into the test instance https://phab
> -01.wmflabs.org/ ?  Is this labs test puppet cloning a development repo?

It uses "git::install" within puppet.
so for example: git::install { 'phabricator/phabricator':

git::install itself is in modules/git

modules/git/manifests/install.pp:#   git::install { 'project/name/on/gerrit':

so it clones from our gerrit installation at
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/project:phabricator/phabricator,n,z

so what would it take:

- new project/repo created on gerrit
- import code into that repo
- add puppet code that uses "git:install" to clone from it, copied
from how it does it for the other existing repos

>  Also, how will core and library code changes to phabricator be deployed to
> the production instance?

puppet will make it "exec {"git_update... .. command => '/usr/bin/git
remote update',
from our gerrit repo. i'm not 100% sure about the sync between
upstream and our gerrit repo, but Chase would know

> Where shall we put this phabricator-sprint code so that we can work on it
> with the intention of having it reviewed and deployed in production as soon
> as possible?

probably into modules/phabricator in repo operations/puppet and
suggest it as a change by uploading into gerrit.
first you could just modify the  role::phabricator::labs and after
testing it would be addedi to role::phabricator::main

Chase, correct me if i'm wrong

--
Daniel Zahn <dz...@wikimedia.org>
Operations Engineer