On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Isarra Yos <zhoris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I understand it, the remotes for the submodules are all set in the
> parent repository's configuration, and thus will always be the same
> regardless of how you dowloaded or set up the parent.

I don't think that's the case. If you use git submodule init, the remote
URLs in the .gitmodules file of the parent will be set as remotes of the
children. If you don't use that command, and set up the subdirs manually,
the remotes will be whatever you set up.

> The weird thing is that apparently git review just used to work with this
> and automatically translated the submodule remotes depending on what the
> remotes for the parent were. Now it seems like it's too stupid and I have
> to manually change all the submodule remotes before I can use them?

AFAIK it just uses whichever remote is called "gerrit". Maybe you changed
the name of the default remote some time ago and now that you updated
git-review that change took effect?
Check out this thread:
http://wikimedia.7.x6.nabble.com/New-git-review-lets-you-configure-origin-as-the-gerrit-remote-td5006182.html

> git review -s also doesn't seem to do anything, so I also have to run a
> bash script jeremyb sent me (http://paste.debian.net/plain/122534). For
> every one.

You can use git submodule foreach to run a script for each submodule.

> ...is there any way to downgrade git-review?

If you installed it via pip, you can try pip install git-review==<version>