I'm interested both in improving our user stats and stamping out spambots.
Dan, how do we know that those 17 percent were predominantly humans?

I've heard that automated captcha cracking is common. Perhaps so, but if
taking away captchas increases the workload of stewards and admins, that
situation presents a need for tradeoffs between making registration be easy
for humans and making registration be difficult for bots.

Pine