There's the ContentTranslation project - an extension to help people
translate articles. Among other things, this project has a feature that
suggests people who (probably) know two (or more) languages to write a
translation for an article when there is no article in one of the languages
that they know. This feature is being tested on the beta site:
https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/11/03/announcing-the-second-version-of-the-content-translation-tool/

One of the future goals of the same project is to suggest people to add
information to an existing article from a more developed version in another
language. It is similar to the above, but a tad more complicated, so it's
in the early design stage.

The Language engineering team also plans to invest some time in the coming
in research about the potential for growth in this area.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬