https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/11/03/announcing-the-second-version-of-the-content-translation-tool/

> How can we get it into the beta features tab -- at ALL sister projects
(except commons etc where translating stuff is complex, it is all showed
into one page atm, they did not switch to the subpages thing like Meta
does, yet) -- please?

> Have a couple non-Wikipedias in mind where I'd use it actively.

That is the eventual plan. The "subpages on Meta", which you mention, is
the Translate extension, and it's a separate product, even though it's
developed by the same team. The Translate extension is targeted at
translating software UI strings (most notably at translatewiki.net) and at
relatively simple, well-structured and rarely changing pages, such as
newsletters, software user guides, etc. The advantage of Translate is that
it keeps the translation in sync with the source and marks the parts that
needs updating. It works fairly wel for Meta, Commons and mediawiki.org.

ContentTranslation is for Wikipedia articles, which are more loosely
structured, more richly formatted and frequently updated. Because of these
challenges it's hard to track updated parts in the way that the Translate
extension does, so ContentTranslation is positioned at this point as an
article creation tool (though in the future it may acquire the ability to
track changes, too). Unlike the Translate extension, ContentTranslation
creates complete independent pages in language projects and not synched
subpages in the same wiki.

So yes - the plan is to get the tool deployed to all languages and to all
relevant sister projects eventually (but gradually). Wikivoyage is an
obvious candidate, and possibly Wikibooks if the communities are
interested. Probably not Wiktionary, which needs a completely different
direction, like OmegaWiki or Wikidata. Non-Wikimedia sites are welcome to
use ContentTranslation, too.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬