Hello,

I am not sure this is the right mailing list to introduce this project but I have just released Displee. It is a small Android app that allows to search for images in the English Wikipedia by taking pictures:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.visualink.displee
It is a kind of open source Google Goggles for images from en.wikipedia.org.

I have developed Displee as a demonstrator of Pastec http://pastec.io, my open source image recognition index and search engine for mobile apps. The index hosted on my server in France currently contains about 440 000 images. They may not be the most relevant ones but this is a start. ;-) I have also other ideas to improve this tiny app if it has an interest for the community.

Displee source code (MIT) is available here:
https://github.com/Visu4link/displee
Pastec source code (LGPL) is available here:
https://github.com/Visu4link/pastec
The source code of the Displee back-end is not released yet. It is basically a python3 Django application.

I will be glad to receive your feedback and answer any question!

Best regards,

--
Adrien Maglo
Pastec developer