On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Ricordisamoa <ricordisa...@openmailbox.org
> wrote:

>  * Given that the W3C Validator can also parse HTML files, would it be
>    useful to validate wiki pages as well? Even if sometimes the
>    validation errors appear to be caused by MediaWiki itself, they can
>    also depend on malformed templates.

Meh not sure how useful this would be. Maybe as a developer tool, but not
something you would want running on your site. The SVG validation tool
makes sense because you're validating user input.

>  * Does storing the validation status of old revisions of images
>    (and/or articles) make sense?

I don't think there's any harm in it. Better to have extraneous information
then to wait until users complain about not having it down the line.

>  * Do you think the extension should use the extmetadata property of
>    ApiQueryImageInfo instead of a its own module?
>  * Is it advisable to store validation data permanently in the database?

I have no idea about this, but it does seem that the metadata is propagated
to the oldimage table when a new one is uploaded, so it would fulfill your
above question about storing old revisions' validation status.

Exactly what information is being stored? Is it just a flag that says valid
or not valid? Is it a list of errors and warnings? If so what format is it
all in?

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science