I think any decision to split wikis should not be made without
consensus within the affected communities. From a technical
standpoint, it would be much easier to decide in favour of a split,
but I'm worried that the social ramifications of such a decision would
be overlooked in a discussion among developers. It might be a good
idea to present the challenges of continuing to maintain Language
Converter to the communities, but if, for example, it turns out that
having a single Chinese language is better for our free knowledge
goals, then it might still be worth investing the time needed to
overcome the technical hurdles.