Hi Chris,

I like the idea in general, in particular the fact that only
"established" editors can ask for the tokens. What I don't get is why
this proxy should be run by someone that is not the WMF, given - I
guess - it would be exposed as a TOR hidden service, which will mask
effectively the user IP from us, and will secure his communication
from snooping by exit node managers, and so on.

I guess the righteously traffic on such a proxy would be so low (as
getting a token is /not/ going to be automated/immediate even for
logged in users) that it could work without using up a lot of
resources.

Cheers,

Giuseppe