Hi Gerard,

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi,
> In what way will we know how useful this is? Will we have usage statistics
> ?

yes, we have metrics on request rates, status codes and response times by
end point. Here is a dashboard showing some of those metrics:

http://grafana.wikimedia.org/#/dashboard/db/restbase

The first users will be VisualEditor and other Parsoid clients. The
VisualEditor integration has been working out of the box on
https://test.wikipedia.org/, so the next step will be to switch
VisualEditor to use RESTBase on other phase0 wikis (notably mediawiki.org)
as well.

With all current revisions available from storage we are now also in a
position to offer HTML dumps again, which is tracked in
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T17017.

Gabriel