On 2015-03-10 3:23 PM, Gabriel Wicke wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am happy to announce the beta release of the Wikimedia REST Content API
> at
>
> https://rest.wikimedia.org/
>
> Each domain has its own API documentation, which is auto-generated from
> Swagger API specs. For example, here is the link for the English Wikipedia:
>
> https://rest.wikimedia.org/en.wikipedia.org/v1/?doc
Could the RSD document EditURI points to be updated to include a
reference to an individual wiki's base path in the REST api.

ie: en.wp's RSD would have a new <api> with an
apiLink="https://rest.wikimedia.org/en.wikipedia.org/";

Ideally there would be a <docs> pointing to documentation but there's no
link that would work since <docs> shouldn't point to v1/?doc and there's
no non versioned ?doc page.

Alternately you could include -v1 in the api name="", use
apiLink="https://rest.wikimedia.org/en.wikipedia.org/v1/"; and point
<docs> to `https://rest.wikimedia.org/en.wikipedia.org/v1/?doc`.

That might actually be a better idea since you won't need to provide an
API to let code performing discovery know which versions of the API are
supported.