... or you can consider skipping Gerrit altogether and waiting until the
Wikimedia Hackathon in Lyon, where we will attempt to enable code review in
Phabricator (aka Differential) for projects not requiring Jenkins /
continuous integration. Bots and Labs tools are ideal candidates for this
first wave.

Work-in-progress, contributors & testers welcome:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T560#1095147

Setting expectations right: maybe we don't have all the pieces in place at
the end of the hackathon in Lyon, but we definitely should have everything
you need in Phabricator well before Google Code kicks you out.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 1:27 PM, florian.schmidt.wel...@t-online.de <
florian.schmidt.wel...@t-online.de> wrote:

> WMF git repos are already (automatically) mirrored to github :) See, e.g.
> https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-MobileFrontend as a
> mirror of
> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/admin/projects/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend
> (also available on git.wikimedia.org
> https://git.wikimedia.org/summary/mediawiki%2Fextensions%2FMobileFrontend
> )
>
> Best,
> Florian
>
> Freundliche Grüße
> Florian Schmidt
> -----Original-Nachricht-----
> Betreff: Re: [Wikitech-l] What does it take to have a project hosted on
> the Wikimedia git server?
> Datum: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 13:16:06 +0100
> Von: Strainu <strain...@gmail.com>
> An: Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org>

> > Why not github, or bitbucket?
>
> They're on the list as well, we're exploring all our options. Any
> special reason why you'd prefer those over Wikimedia?

> > See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/New_repositories
> >
> > Basically you just have to ask.
> >
> > I think its a nice thing to keep wiki related code, including bots in our
> > git repos as that makes it easier for others to find.
>
> I am personally a bit worried about the complexity of the process on
> gerrit, but I hope that as long as we don't require formal code review
> it should be as simple as git pull/git push, right?
>
> Another related question would be: how hard is it to maintain a github
> mirror of a WMF repository?
>
> Thanks,
>    Strainu

Quim Gil