Hi.

Moushira Elamrawy wrote:
>The Extension will keep the name Gather and internally the team was more
>inclined to name the feature "Stacks". However, a survey study has been
>carried out by the design research team and Collections, as a name for a
>feature, scored far better than the other suggested alternatives.  Full
>survey information and results are documented here
><https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension%CB%90Gather/renaming_survey>.

Right... in the January 2015 thread you linked, it was quickly pointed out
that Extension:Collection already exists. The mobile team, in typical
form, decided to ignore any previous work and instead make its own
project. At least we were able to shout loudly enough to stop this
functionality from being part of the MobileFrontend extension.

>This is a new experiment in content curation, which hopefully helps with
>learning new users behavior on mobile web. We are looking forward to
>learning awesome lessons from this beta launch.

As was also previously pointed out, we've had curation support for a long
time in the form of categories (another feature that could have been
improved rather than making a new extension). Or making a list of pages
using wikilinks. Or tagging pages with templates, which auto-generates an
index. Perhaps you can explain why this new feature is limited to mobile?

MZMcBride