http://devhub.wmflabs.org is a prototype of the "Data and developer hub", a
portal and set of articles and links whose goal is to encourage third-party
developers to use Wikimedia data and APIs. Check it out, your feedback is
welcome! You can comment on the talk page of the project page
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/dev.wikimedia.org , or file Phabricator
tickets in the project dev.wikimedia.org [1].

Since December 2013 Moiz Syed and others discussed creating "a thing" to
expose our APIs and data to developers. When S Page moved to WMF tech
writer, he wrote some articles for this on mediawiki.org and with Quim Gil
developed a landing page from the wireframe designs [2].

The prototype is using the Blueprint skin and running on a labs instance,
but the articles are all regular wiki pages on mediawiki.org that we
regularly import to http://devhub.wmflabs.org

Thanks to everyone who participated in the gestation of this idea!
  -- S Page and Quim Gil

== FAQ ==

Q: How can I feature my awesome API or data set?