On Thu, 2015-07-16 at 07:27 +0300, Amir E. Aharoni wrote:
> In the past it happened to me a few times that I opened bugs about
> something wrong that happened on a Wikimedia site, and it was closed as
> invalid because the issue was not in MediaWiki code, but in a local gadget,
> style or template on that project.
>
> The bugs were actually fixed, but I'd like to question the "invalid"
> closure.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Bug_management/Bug_report_life_cycle cur
rently says "A report is given the Invalid status when the problem is
not a bug, or when it is a change that is outside the power of the
component's developers."

When closing a task as invalid the person closing the task should add
an explanation. In this case:
    "User scripts, gadgets and templates are local features and managed
    on wiki. Phabricator/Maniphest is used for MediaWiki, MediaWiki
    extensions, or server configuration. You could contact the author
    of the script/gadget or ask for help on the local Technical Village
    Pump.
    Closing as INVALID here in Phabricator as this is a matter to
    discuss and fix on the local wiki and currently not handled in
    Phabricator/Maniphest."

See https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T85433 for using Phabricator for
gadget-related tasks (and discussing that idea).

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler