On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Steinsplitter Wiki <
steinsplitter-w...@live.com> wrote:

> > Out of curiosity what is the problem with the bot that prevents it from
> > working?
> It is very old and bad written and needs a complete rewrite.

That can be said of many things in our stack. ;) What made it stop working
in the last month, specifically? Can you point us to the source code?

> > It's entirely possible that fixing the bot is easier than hacking an
> > internal rotate and reupload feature that runs on the image scalers.
> It would be the best solution to fix that function in mediawiki. This
> would also allow real time rotation.
>
> > Or... Just making it possible to mark images as needing to be rotated
> > correctly on output (given we already rotate on thumbnail generation)...
> The thumb rotation is not always perfect and the file itself is not
> rotatet at all.

Allowing override of the thumb rotation would provide you real time
rotation...

I'm not sure about the need to rotate the original file; ideally original
files should be left as-is and kept archival.

-- brion