According to our docs/internal checks, our min php version is 5.3.3.
However as of 6e283d394f31, MediaWiki doesn't work with php 5.3.3 (You
aren't allowed to implement an interface using an abstract method, on
that version of PHP so you get "Fatal error: Can't inherit abstract
function IDatabase::getType() (previously declared abstract in
DatabaseBase) in git/includes/db/Database.php on line 32").

Is it time we up'd our version requirements (And does anyone know if
that would affect lots of third parties?) Or should that change be
reverted?

--bawolff