On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Brandon Black <bbl...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 7:34 PM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm. I think enwiki has the benefit of having the widest reach and most
>> extensive development of its policies under a consensus model.
>
> Note that the consensus of current active community members is
> inherently a poor guideline for policies that are intended to increase
> the participation in an open community.  The ones you're trying to
> bring in aren't there to be part of the consensus.

Majority/consensus opinion are generally not the best way to ensure
that a minority is protected either. [0]

[0]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd...@wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA