For the record: I'm very happy to know that we're drafting an explicit code
of conduct.

Yes, Matt may not have expressed himself completely clearly in his initial
email. Yes, an ironclad, fully developed, pan-Wikimedia code would be even
better. Yes, developing and enforcing any new policy imposes some extra
coordination costs on the community. But I don't think any of that blocks
the project or outweighs its benefits.

—————
Neil P. Quinn <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Neil_P._Quinn-WMF>,
product analyst