I see that there's an active workboard in Phabricator at
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/225/ for CAPTCHA issues.

Returning to a subject that has been discussed several times before: the
last I heard is that our current CAPTCHAs do block some spambots, but they
also present problems for humans and aren't especially difficult for more
sophisticated spambots to solve. Can someone share a general update on
what's happening with regard to improving usability for humans and
increasing the difficulty for bots? I'm particularly concerned about the
former issue, since CAPTCHAs might be filtering out some good-faith human
editors.

Thanks,

Pine