Brian,

Quite likely. (: But the Wikimedia CAPTCHA workboard suggests a lack of
emphasis on improving the general CAPTCHA situation for Wikimedia. The two
high priority tasks on that Phabricator workboard last received comments in
May and June. Those dates, plus the relative quiet on this mailing list,
suggest that there could be higher priority placed on CAPTCHA improvements.
I will discuss this with Luis on his talk page.

Thanks,
Pine