On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Alex Monk <kren...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure why database changes would be involved in a domain-only
> change? It should be simple enough to get the new domain set up in DNS and
> apache config, tell multiversion how to map it to the old DB name (there's
> an array in setSiteInfoForWiki that does this bit), and once it's all

Not a developer, but AFAIK It requires a patch, that is proposed (by Reedy,
I think), but not implemented. And there are other blockers like non-main
DB dependencies on FlowDB, external storage and X1 plugins, plus some names
inside the rows. But I am not the mediawiki expert. Feel free to contribute
to the above mentioned tickets.

--
Jaime Crespo
<http://wikimedia.org>