S Page wrote:
>I would urge people to judiciously update the pages we have, and only
>create very targeted new pages rather than yet another starting point.

For sure. It might also make sense to investigate placing some of the more
in-depth Git tutorial content on a project other than mediawiki.org such
as Wikibooks. Wikibooks already has programming language guides, so adding
version control system guides seems like a potentially nice complement.
Ideally the documentation on mediawiki.org would focus more on
contributing to MediaWiki (or Wikimedia code repositories).

>https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Getting_started seems OK, it's
>focused on a new gerrit contributor.

I submit changesets to Gerrit infrequently enough that I still refer to
this page. I've really enjoyed reading this thread and the links within
it. A few people have told me that the "Git For Ages 4 And Up" video is
decent (<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ffBJ4sVUb4>), if anyone is
interested in a non-textual Git guide.

MZMcBride