On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Grace Gellerman <ggeller...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:
<snip>

> === Reading Infrastructure ===
> * Block: ApiSandbox is still blocked on whoever owns oojs-ui for
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T91148 - ACTION! let's figure out an
> alternative approach (James F suggests separate component in mw.Widgets)

</snip>

Could people weigh in on the ticket about what it might take to get this
into mw.Widgets instead? James noted, as has been discussed on this list,
that at the moment people are leery of adding any further bloat to oojs-ui
(particularly if it's a nontrivial number of KB like this). A fuller
solution would entail splitting out critical oojs-ui components in a manner
where they're more easily loaded piecemeal, but it sounded like that's more
involved.

I do wonder though if we've spent much time studying the ease of getting at
least some part of oojs-ui split out or making it so that new stuff going
forward is part of the oojs-ui family but it's not as monolithich?

-Adam