bawolff <bawolff+wn <at> gmail.com> writes:

> [...]
>
> >> All loaded javascript should
> >> be included in the extension (Loading js hosted on other sites is not
> >> allowed on Wikipedia in order to protect user privacy)
> > That is very hard. I have no access to the GeoGebra JS, although it
> > is basically open source. This is in contradiction to the concepts
> > of GeoGebra - load its JavaScript from geogebra.org to get always
> > the newest version.
>
> This is definitely a hard requirement. We need all code loaded by
> Wikipedia and friends to be in in the repo, to ensure that other sites
> don't collect inappropriate analytics (violating our privacy policy),
> or deliver malicious content. Well I'm sure that GeoGebra would not do
> either of those things, the general principle is that we want to be
> sure to be in control of all code, so that we know for sure we would
> never have to worry about that sort of thing.
>
> [...]
>
> --
> -bawolff

Hi, bawolff,

let me summarize:
* The problem how to embed GeoGebra into a Mediawiki is technically
solved. The solution is tested on different wikis and has been
refined over years.
* Installing the GeoGebra extension at Wikipedia should be a
win-win situation: Wikipedia could be improved by many dynamic
geometric drawings instead of static pictures. GeoGebra could
improve its publicity.
* Nevertheless the GeoGebra extension may not be installed at Wikipedia
for security reasons (and avoiding inappropriate analytics).

On Friday 03/04/2016 I visited the ZUM workshop [1] at Schweinfurt, Germany.
ZUM = Zentrale für Unterrichtsmedien im Internet [2]
The OER-AWARD 2016 was awarded to the ZUM Wiki at Berlin. [3], [4]

I had the opportunity for some talks with other members of ZUM, and finally
made up my mind:
* I am no member of the GeoGebra team.
* I am no Mediawiki hacker and no member of Wikimedia.
* It should be easier for the GeoGebra team and the Mediawiki team to
collaborate directly and solve the security issue problem.
* I will stop my personal efforts to get GeoGebra into Wikipedia.
--
-Rudi

[1] http://www.zum.de/portal/blog/ZUMTeam/ZUM-Workshop-2016-zumworks16
[2] http://www.zum.de/portal/