Thank you for testing it Vituzzu. If I recall correctly the images got
worse because of a change to the PageImages extension so that copyrighted
images wouldn't be used outside of the main article page (which are usually
the good representative images in a lot of articles in english wikipedia
(fair use images)). It would be great to talk more about fair use images
and their use inside the wiki on other places than the main article
(summaries like hovercards, things like related pages, or thumbnails on
search results, to give a few examples).