With the disclaimer that I'm not a security engineer and that I understand
only parts of this proposal, in general this strikes me as a good idea. It
seems to me that trying to develop a comprehensive list of what tools /
scripts this proposal would likely break, how important those breaks are,
and who could fix them and when, would help with developing a roadmap
toward implementing this proposal with appropriate mitigation and
communication.

It seems to me that this is the kind of project for which product community
liasons are well suited to help with developing and implementing a rollout
plan. Is there any chance of getting a CL to help with this project?

Thanks for the initiative,

Pine

Pine