On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Andre Klapper <aklap...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Is there a Phabricator task [associated with MediaWiki CREDITS file
> membership] so this topic does not get forgotten?

Not that I'm aware of.  It's easy to get lost looking through the
various attempts to objectively characterize contributions (he says,
just emerging from the fog of doing so himself).  Here's a few places
a person could go:
* <https://korma.wmflabs.org/browser/scm.html>
* <https://www.openhub.net/p/mediawiki/contributors>
* <https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki/graphs/contributors>
* <http://koti.kapsi.fi/~federico/crstats/core.txt>

...and that's hardly comprehensive.  The "productivity of mediawiki
developers" thread from April[1] probably has some other sources I've
missed.  If I were to spend more time on this, I would start looking
for the Phab tickets associated with the stats on Korma.

I concur with Jon that we should endeavor to move to a more objective
(and ideally, more automated) mechanism for acknowledgement, so that
we don't have to rely on contributors confidently declaring that they
deserve acknowledgement.

Rob
[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical/86127