Rob and Wikimedians,

To further credit the work of Wikimedia community members, could we explore
using the Douglas Adams' SQID example (which Markus shared with the
Wikidata list recently ... [Wikidata] SQID evolved again: references
http://tools.wmflabs.org/sqid/#/view?id=Q42 ) ... and build upon this
incorporating the Wikipedia user pages (and your above examples) a
Wikipedia crediting process anticipating/planning for all 11 billion people
(an estimate from Swedish statistician Hans Rosling and many others) in all
8,000 languages. (CC World University and school is planning in parallel to
be in all 8,000 languages and plan for all people on earth by 2100, as well
as seek to build in Bitcoin and Blockchain in conjunction with developing
best STEM CC OpenCourseWare centric law schools in all countries' main
languages, even as WUaS develops CC university degrees accrediting  on CC
MIT OCW in 7 languages and CC Yale OYC).

This would potentially lead to further planning for integrating
Wikidata/Wikibase via SQID with Wikitech/Wikimedia/Wikipedia community
members' contributions and in many languages.

Cheers, Scott

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Rob Lanphier <ro...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Andre Klapper <aklap...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
> > Is there a Phabricator task [associated with MediaWiki CREDITS file
> membership] so this topic does not get forgotten?
>
> Not that I'm aware of.  It's easy to get lost looking through the
> various attempts to objectively characterize contributions (he says,
> just emerging from the fog of doing so himself).  Here's a few places
> a person could go:
> * <https://korma.wmflabs.org/browser/scm.html>
> * <https://www.openhub.net/p/mediawiki/contributors>
> * <https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki/graphs/contributors>
> * <http://koti.kapsi.fi/~federico/crstats/core.txt>
>
> ...and that's hardly comprehensive.  The "productivity of mediawiki
> developers" thread from April[1] probably has some other sources I've
> missed.  If I were to spend more time on this, I would start looking
> for the Phab tickets associated with the stats on Korma.
>
> I concur with Jon that we should endeavor to move to a more objective
> (and ideally, more automated) mechanism for acknowledgement, so that
> we don't have to rely on contributors confidently declaring that they
> deserve acknowledgement.
>
> Rob
> [1]
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical/86127

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President
- 415 480 4577
- http://scottmacleod.com
- Please donate to tax-exempt 501 (c) (3)
- World University and School
- via PayPal, or credit card, here -
- http://worlduniversityandschool.org
- or send checks to
- PO Box 442, (86 Ridgecrest Road), Canyon, CA 94516
- World University and School - like Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.