Thank you Rob! I am looking forward to Wednesday meeting.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 6:28 AM, Rob Lanphier <ro...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I'm hoping we find a way to work with people who can't
> travel, and noting we're also working to make remote participation
> more rewarding.  This emphasizes the importance of WikiDev17 being a
> better event for online attendance this year, and the primacy of
> online conversations in our community's decision making.

Indeed. Anyone interested in improving remote participation in the Summit,
please check https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T146613

Quim is
> chairing the program committee, and I'm one of the members, but my
> understanding from Quim is that we're still waiting for some invitees
> to respond.

Yes, I will send them a reminder. In any case, I think we have critical
mass: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Developer_Summit/About

> all of the scheduled topics had Phab IDs associated with them.

I agree that RfCs are useful in some cases but not in all of them. However,
I would still keep a single way to submit proposals as Phabricator tasks,
in order to have one place with all the proposals. If the promoters of a
specific proposal want to have the discussion elsewhere (in an RfC page, a
plain wiki page...) then they can simply put a disclaimer in the task
description and move the discussion there.

There are two possible novelties related to proposed and scheduled
activities that we could try at the Summit:

* Phabricator form to submit Wikimedia developer Summit 2017 proposals
(urgent because it blocks the opening of the call for participation)
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T146377
* Consider using Phabricator Calendar events to schedule Wikimedia
Developer Summit sessions (we have more time for this one)
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T146749

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil